Volunteers - Blogs talking about childhood cancer, let's let em know we are here.

CureSearch listed several blogs which mentioned September bring Childhood Cancer Awareness month here. Can you guys go to these blogs and comment and tell them about PAC2 and the Petition?

If you want to volunteer, simply respond to the discussion, hang out see who else volunteers, elect a leader if you want, get organized, and go for it.

If you want to take it a step further, create a "childhood cancer" news alert in Google and include blogs....then each day you will see if any blog owners wrote about it and you can invite them.

I will follow the discussion, but hope for the volunteers to coordinate and implement. Our message to them should be short and simple....what we are and what our goal is and how to join.

Views: 40

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I can help with this!

I won't be online too much today or tomorrow. My son is having his first birthday party, so a lot of family is town. However, by tomorrow afternoon, I should be able to get some work done, I'll keep in touch here and hopefully start commenting tomorrow!
Bob, I am not sure exactly what you want. The best thing is for you to check out my blog and see if I can help. My *goal* is to post at least once daily, but that is not always possible due to my own rare disease of Myasthenia Gravis (I've managed 209 posts since December). My purpose, too, is Awareness. Enough said.

All this next week I will be *tethered* to the pole, I call it, for eight hours each day for my IVIG treatment. My wireless picks up the hospital, then I have internet available at night where we stay.

Billie aka Ragdoll Billie

p.s. I saw somewhere you needed a *graphic artist*. I might could help you there.
I'll raise my hand....I did a quick look at the blogs listed. Good news: there are a lot of them.

Question: do we want the comments to be informal (just leave something) or more of an organized statement from the PAC2?

A more formal statement indicating a unified group has a big impact. However, I think this should be followed up with more personal (and a larger amount) of statements.

Any thoughts?
I think it may be a good idea to do a more unified comment to each blog, something more organized like Diane said.

Maybe we can work on getting something put together, a statement with information about this website and the petition and maybe divy up the blogs in between us and start posting away!
how about this........

We would like you to visit and consider joining the People Against Childhood Cancer community. We are a network of over 900 parents, friends, family, concerned citizens and childhood cancer organizations (CureSearch, Alex's Lemonade Stand and more) whose sole mission is to present a unified voice to raise awareness of childhood cancer. The website format is unique, you can have friends, post photos and videos, blog, participate in Forum discussions, start or join Groups that interest you, chat live with other members, and promote or learn about fundraisers. It's free, interactive and will continue to evolve.

While these features are nice, our focus is action to raise awareness of childhood cancer. One initiative is the Petition To Cure Childhood Cancer. It has over 16,000 signatures and will be used to hopefully leverage a network TV special solely on childhood cancer or a similar high profile project. Other ideas and action items are presented daily in our ongoing effort to raise awareness.

Please visit and join us at http://curechildhoodcancer.ning.com.
I think that would be great! This afternoon, hopefully during naptime, I will start posting in some of the blogs and I'll let you guys know which ones I'm able to get done and go from there?
I like the above statement that Mr P wrote. What do you think about dividing up the blogs and start with the above statement and then once a week or month do a follow-up? Did that make sense?
Is that all to do? Any follow-up if to see if they join, and welcome them or anything else? Though I've been around on paper for a while, I was lost until recently, and still am not very sure of myself, but consider my 66 y/o mind, too..... lol!! I am almost finished for today, but will check the computer where we stay.

Ragdoll Billie on the Road to Remission and tethered to the pole!
Hey everyone! I posted on the first 5 blogs. Kathi had done a few already so I hope it is ok I posted also!!

I'd keep going but it is lunch time for my little guy!!

I'll try more later!
OK you have to be sure to make the links "clickable".....the way to do so is this.....

a href="http://curechildhoodcancer.ning.com">People Against Childhood Cancer

and

a href="http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/CureChildhoodCancer>Petition to Raise Awareness of Childhood Cancer

BUT - you have to add a < before the very first a......that makes it clickable and reads like this People Against Childhood Cancer..........I can't do type it or it will show up like that.......does that make sense? Any questions let me know.
I'm sorry!! I know how to do this and I didn't even think about it. I will repost in each blog I posted. I'm going to post it here just to make sure I have all of my code correct and no broken links/codes.

Sorry again!

We would like you to visit and consider joining the People Against Childhood Cancer community. We are a network of over 900 parents, friends, family, concerned citizens and childhood cancer organizations (CureSearch, Alex's Lemonade Stand and more) whose sole mission is to present a unified voice to raise awareness of childhood cancer. The website format is unique, you can have friends, post photos and videos, blog, participate in Forum discussions, start or join Groups that interest you, chat live with other members, and promote or learn about fundraisers. It's free, interactive and will continue to evolve.

While these features are nice, our focus is action to raise awareness of childhood cancer. One initiative is the Petition to Raise Awareness of Childhood Cancer . It has over 16,000 signatures and will be used to hopefully leverage a network TV special solely on childhood cancer or a similar high profile project. Other ideas and action items are presented daily in our ongoing effort to raise awareness.

Please visit and join us at http://curechildhoodcancer.ning.com.
Hey everyone! I commented on three more blogs today.

The ones I got were:

pinkcamo1981
mamarockspix
randomthoughtsandstitches

Those were the usernames within the URL, I believe.

:)

RSS

Coalition Against Childhood Cancer

PAC2 is proud founding member of the Coalition Against Childhood Cancer!

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Latest Activity

Sharon Fitzsimmons Wozny is now a member of People Against Childhood Cancer
Jun 24
Barbara Faye Bartlett updated their profile
Jun 17
Ulrike Szalay is now a member of People Against Childhood Cancer
May 5
Tracy is now a member of People Against Childhood Cancer
Mar 30