Hello, I am 25 years old and I have a 4 year old son with ALL. I come from a town where little is known of childhood cancers. I'm working to change this. I hope to be able to hold a concert this summer for childhood and adolescent cancer awareness. I hope to be able to raise money for organizations. Appropriatly, I would like to be able to get ahold of a childhood cancer organization. Does anyone know how I would get a hold of someone to officially be able to raise money for them and what organization would be best? Thank you. I hope that if this is successful then I may set up much in the future.

Views: 112

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello im not sure but i LOVE your idea!!!!! I have an organization were i make cups for kids with cancer so if you would like one for your son please email me!!!! 
My email: chemo.cup@gmail.com
My website: www.chemocups.com
Thanks!!!!

We've raised money for Cure ( www.curechildhoodcancer.org ), which is located in Atlanta, Ga.  Cure mostly supports research done in Atlanta area but has also helped fund research at St. Jude's, MD Anderson, & many others.  We've also raised money for Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation ( www.alexslemonade.org ).  ALSF is great at helping promote & advertise your fund raising project.  This past September, we also raised money for St. Baldrick's ( www.stbaldricks.org )

Best of luck with your concert idea!  I'd love to hear how it turns out.  If all of us childhood cancer moms did our part to raise awareness & money, we might just make a difference! 

Sharon Johnson

Well, unfortunately so far the concert idea has not worked out so far. People in my area seem to dismiss the idea of children with cancer. I am continuing to try other ideas as well. Cancer seems to reak havoc everywhere in my area, but when people meet us they tell us their own cancer stories, but none have yet to understand the why it is so different in children. My husband is a big xbox Call of Duty Gamer and has recently left his professional gaming team to join a nonprofit team that is raising money to be donated to the American Cancer Society. We do what we can anywhere and everywhere we can. If there are other ideas aside from a concert, my ears are open. I don't know what it's gonna take for this town, but I don't believe it can go unnoticed so much.

RSS

Coalition Against Childhood Cancer

PAC2 is proud founding member of the Coalition Against Childhood Cancer!

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Latest Activity

Alison Ingle is now a member of People Against Childhood Cancer
Mar 18
Carol Jane Cleghorn-Wilson is now a member of People Against Childhood Cancer
Mar 10
Jackie Smaha is now a member of People Against Childhood Cancer
Mar 3
Kyle Alfriend is now a member of People Against Childhood Cancer
Jan 28