I went to the Write 'em option, and chose the Contact Congress option. I hope all of you did the same...or will. My responses follow:

I received a text from Jimmie Lee (District 25, House of Representative) saying, I understand your concern and appreciate your voice. I have read about PAC2 and applaude your efforts. Do not lose focus or give up hope. I suppport the increase in NIH funding.

I also received a letter from U.S. Senator Mitch McConnell. Overview:

Dear Mrs. Kessler,

Thank you for contacting me to express your support for cancer research. I appreciate you taking the time to make me aware of your thoughts.

While doctors and scientists have made great strides in the diagnosis and treatment of cancer, it is estimated the disease claimed the lives of over 565,000 last year. With this in mind, Congress must continue to make finding a cure for cancer a priority. As a senior member of the Senate Appropriations Committee, one of my top priorities has been to strengthen biomedical research, including cancer research. I have secured nearly $73 million for this cause.

I also recently helped pass the Caroline Pryce Walker Conquer Childhood Cancer Act, which will help to advance medical research and treatments for pediatric cancer, ensure current information for patients and families, and promote public awareness of pediatric cancer.

In your message, you expressed your support for increased cancer funding at the National Cancer Institute (NCI). The Senate Appropriations Committee, on which I serve, recently approved the Labor, Health and Human Services, Education Appropritation bill for the fiscal year 2009. This legislation included increased funding for both the NIH and the NCI.

The Senate Majority chose to not call up this legislation before the end of the 110th Congress, and NCI will be funded at its current level for at least the next five months.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with me. Please rest assured that I will remain mindful of your steadfast support for fighting pediatric cancer, and I hope you will continue to keep me informed of your comments and concerns.

Views: 28

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

thanks Brandi....we have to keep in in the front of their "minds"
awesome job mrs brandi face
might be time to send some more letters for this one as well.
I agree Jim. Contact Congress is still up on the right. Just need to have everyone do it again.

RSS

Coalition Against Childhood Cancer

PAC2 is proud founding member of the Coalition Against Childhood Cancer!

Photos

• Add Photos

Latest Activity

DarrenChaker posted a blog post
Apr 30
DarrenChaker posted a discussion
Apr 30
DarrenChaker updated their profile
Apr 30
DarrenChaker posted a status
"I think joining organizations which support cancer research and help kids is important! Darren Chaker"
Apr 30

Fundraisers

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2018   Created by AJs Dad.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service