Our family is planning to attend the event held by Candlelighters in Washington, DC on December 6. I was wondering if anyone else is planning to go?
See http://www.candlelighters.org/cancerawarenesstree2008.stm for more details.
Maybe we could meet up there and have petitions on hand to sign? Maybe even ask Candlelighters if we could set up a booth there? Just a thought ...

Stephanie
Angel Nina's Mom

Views: 4

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Brandi,
feel free to "use" my info - it's all for our common goal, right?! I just returned from being out of town for 4 days, so will contact Lisa at DC Candlelighters again to see whether she has heard any more about this or can give me the person's name to "bug." Will post any news I get. It would be awesome if we could get a whole PAC2 group together up there!
any word yet on getting that PAC2 table?
Hi everyone!
After following up it looks like we will not have a separate PAC2 table but are welcome to put out our petitions and hand out the gold ribbons graciously supplied by PAC2 members. So anyone who's planning on coming, please look for me somewhere at the welcome table. Please let me know ahead of time so I know who I am looking for.

This is the email exchange with Ruth at Candlelighters National:
Hi Ruth,
Great! Thanks so much. That is very exciting about the product with the gold ribbon. I look forward to hearing about it and I will make sure I find you on Saturday.

Regards,
Stephanie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2008 12:49 PM
To: skt@ttranslations.com
Subject: Re: FW: People Against Childhood Cancer at Candlelighters event Dec. 6?

Hi Stephanie,

This is Ruth from National. I too want to express my sadness. I read your note below about the loss of your daughter. Rhabdo remains one of those childhood cancers that still has such a need for improved therapy. That's actually one of my passions and something that I'm working towards via the development of an integrated molecular database.

Regarding your request, we're actually adding several activities this year to the event - specifically spin art, and sand art so have the place packed with activiites for the children. While we won't have a separate table for other orgs this year, you are welcome to add your brochures/info to our welcome table. We have a few different orgs who have asked us if they could do that.

Make sure that you find me to say hello! : ) I tend to get swamped and unable to have conversations with many people as a result but I would love to meet if possible.

Thanks for your work on building awareness of this cause that is so close to our hearts. FYI... we will be launching the first commercial product with the gold ribbon on it. I'll be showing that from the stage on Saturday as well hopefully.

See you in a few days.

Ruth
I can still show up if you need the help Stephanie, I do have some gold ribbons and could print off some of the flyers as well, let me know.
Jim
Jim,
the more the merrier! Hope to see you there with flyers and ribbons in hand, if you can make it!
Hi all. We're heading up from Chesapeake between 11-11:30. Stopping at a friends house in Fairfax Station, then heading to the metro. Stephanie, I got your message with your cell number and will add it to my phone book. For the rest of you, my cell number is 757-763-9093. I guess we'll all meet up one way or another on Saturday...I look forward to meeting all of you! Safe travels!
I wish you guys all a safe journey. And also want to say how proud PAC2 is of you guys for being there spreading the word. We will expect a full report and pictures!
Got back from DC today and will provide a "full report" and pictures the beginning of this week. The gold-beribboned tree was magnificent but also depressing since each ribbon stood for a child with cancer. The first gold ribbon product was introduced, we heard a speech about childhood cancer and human genome mapping project, and there were lots of nice activities and entertainment. I also got to meet PAC2's Laura and the rest of angel Walker's family. Handed out about 150 of the little gold ribbons from "Rally Round the Gold Ribbon" and tons of petition and PAC2 info. I also have some written petition signatures to turn in, so please email me you mailing address.

Stephanie
Angel Nina's Mom
See my report and pictures from the event on my page!

Stephanie
Angel Nina's Mom

RSS

Coalition Against Childhood Cancer

PAC2 is proud founding member of the Coalition Against Childhood Cancer!

Photos

• Add Photos

Latest Activity

DarrenChaker posted a blog post
Apr 30
DarrenChaker posted a discussion
Apr 30
DarrenChaker updated their profile
Apr 30
DarrenChaker posted a status
"I think joining organizations which support cancer research and help kids is important! Darren Chaker"
Apr 30

Fundraisers

Discussion Forum

Norfolk Cureseasrch Milestone walk

Started by Jim Perry. Last reply by Stephanie Thompson Sep 8, 2009. 4 Replies

TN Members - Please Help

Started by AJs Dad. Last reply by Stephanie Thompson Jan 21, 2009. 1 Reply

Candlelighters Childhood Cancer Tree Event in DC Dec. 6

Started by Stephanie Thompson. Last reply by Stephanie Thompson Dec 10, 2008. 22 Replies

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2018   Created by AJs Dad.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service